Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-19 Origin:Site
The beaker is used for heating, dissolving, mixing, boiling, melting, evaporation and concentration, dilution and precipitation clarification of chemical reagents; Erlenmeyer flasks are generally used in titration experiments, in order to prevent the titration liquid from splashing out of the bottle when it drops, causing the experiment If the error occurs, place the bottle on the magnetic stirrer and stir.
1. Introduction to the beaker
A beaker is a common laboratory glassware, usually made of glass, plastic or heat-resistant glass. The beaker has a cylindrical shape with a notch on one side of the top for easy pouring of liquid. Some beakers are also marked with scales on the outer wall, which can roughly estimate the volume of liquid in the beaker. The beaker can generally be heated, and it should generally be heated evenly during heating, preferably not dry.
Common beaker specifications are: 5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 25mL, 50mL, 100mL, 250mL, 300mL, 400mL, 500mL, 600mL, 800mL, 1000mL, 2000mL, 3000mL, 5000mL.
2. Introduction to Erlenmeyer Flask
The Erlenmeyer flask is a titration reactor made of hard glass with a triangular longitudinal section. The mouth is small and the bottom is large, which is conducive to the full reaction and the liquid is not easy to splash out when the titration process is oscillating.
It has a flat-bottomed cone shape with a wide bottom and a narrow top. It has a cylindrical neck and a wider opening at the top, which can sometimes be closed with a cork or rubber stopper. There are usually several scales on the bottle to indicate the capacity it can hold.
The common capacity of Erlenmeyer flasks ranges from 50mL to 250mL, but there are also special Erlenmeyer flasks as small as 10mL or as large as 2000mL. Extended information
Precautions for use of Erlenmeyer flask：
1. The injected liquid should not exceed 1/2 of its volume, too much will easily cause splashing.
2. Use asbestos net when heating (except electric furnace heating).
3. The outside of the conical flask should be wiped dry before heating.
4. After use, it needs to be cleaned with a special detergent, dried, and stored in a dry container.
5. Generally, it cannot be used to store liquid.
6. Rotate in the same direction when oscillating.