Views: 19 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-20 Origin: Site
There are many types of beakers, such as: quartz beaker (high and low type), quartz glass beaker, PTFE beaker, low type beaker, low-shaped beaker PTFE beaker, beaker (tetrafluoro) quartz beaker (high and low type), etc. Wait.
In fact, we usually use ordinary quartz glass beakers.
Quartz glass has a series of excellent physical and chemical properties, such as:
1. High temperature resistance. The softening point temperature of quartz glass is about 1730°C, which can be used for a long time at 1100°C, and the maximum use temperature can reach 1450°C in a short time.
2. Corrosion resistance. Except for hydrofluoric acid, quartz glass hardly reacts with other acids. Its acid resistance is 30 times that of ceramics and 150 times that of stainless steel. Especially the chemical stability at high temperatures is impossible for any other engineering material. Comparable.
3. Good thermal stability. The thermal expansion coefficient of quartz glass is extremely small, and it can withstand severe temperature changes. When the quartz glass is heated to about 1100°C, it will not burst when placed in water at room temperature.
4. Good light transmission performance. Quartz glass has good light transmittance in the entire spectrum from ultraviolet to infrared, and the visible light transmittance is above 93%, especially in the ultraviolet spectral region, the maximum transmittance can reach above 80.
5. Good electrical insulation performance. The resistance value of quartz glass is equivalent to 10,000 times that of ordinary glass. It is an excellent electrical insulating material and has good electrical properties even at high temperatures.
Quartz glass has the above-mentioned excellent physical and chemical properties, so it is widely used in various fields such as electric light sources, semiconductors, optical communications, military industry, metallurgy, building materials, chemistry, machinery, power and environmental protection.