Views:27 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-08-30 Origin:Site
Pipette tip installation specifications and precautions
1.Use a suitable tip: In order to ensure better accuracy and precision, it is recommended that the pipetting volume be within the range of 35%-100% of the tip.
2. Tip installation: For most brands of pipettes, especially multichannel pipettes, it is not easy to install the tips: in order to pursue a good seal, you need to insert the pipette handle into the tip and turn it left or right. Shake back and forth to tighten. There are also people who use the pipette to repeatedly hit the tip to tighten, but this operation will cause the tip to deform and affect the accuracy, and severely damage the pipette, so such operations should be avoided. RAININ's multi-channel pipette does not have an O-ring, and is matched with a tip with a front stop point, which can achieve an ideal seal with a light pressure.
3. The immersion angle and depth of the tip: The immersion angle of the tip is controlled within 20 degrees of inclination, and it is better to keep it upright; the tip immersion depth is recommended as follows:
Pipette specifications Tip immersion depth
2 µL and 10 µL 1 mm
20 µL and 100 µL 2-3 mm
200µL and 1000 µL 3-6 mm
5000 µL and 10 mL 6-10 mm
For samples at room temperature, tip rinsing can help improve accuracy; but for samples with high or low temperature, tip rinsing will reduce the accuracy of the operation. Please pay special attention to users.
4. Liquid suction speed: The pipetting operation should be kept smooth and appropriate liquid suction speed; too fast liquid suction speed will easily cause the sample to enter the sleeve handle, causing damage to the piston and seal ring and cross contamination of the sample.
1.Maintain the correct posture when pipetting; do not hold the pipette tightly all the time, use a pipette with a finger hook to help relieve hand fatigue; change hands frequently if possible.
2. Regularly check the sealing condition of the pipette. Once the seal is aging or leakage occurs, the sealing ring must be replaced in time.
3. Calibrate the pipette 1-2 times a year (depending on the frequency of use).
4. For most pipettes, a layer of lubricating oil should be applied to the piston before and after use for a period of time to maintain tightness.